Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wine and meals for 11-4-09


11/4/09: Last night Ana got home late so we went to a local taqueria in Glen Park to get take home. She walked away with a quesadia and I had a burrito with carnitas and prawns. We stopped on our way home at a corner liqour store and purchased a Malbec 2008 from the Mendoza region of Argentina. The label read, "Dona Paula, Los Cardos" [for those of you interested, "Cardos" means "thistle"]. We picked a Malbec from Argentina because it was only last week I was talking with my brother Cio (the winemaker in the family) and he had mentioned that he had been trying Malbecs from that region and he thought them very good. I checked Malbecs out on the internet, specifically those from Argentina and found that they have a great reputation. So...we purchased our bottle ($9.99) and got ourselves back home.

The color was deep dark ruby with a brown shadow. The nose was of dark chocolate and I didn't pick up any fruitiness. Upon tasting, I picked up a light smooth mocha flavor. I also picked up a wisp of a compilation of dried flowers; no particular flower but definitely a flower essence. This wine was good but definitely hard for me to describe.

This wine would have been better to drink alone or at least not with the meal I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment