Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Egelhoff Cabernet Sauvignon 2004


Last night Ana and I had a bottle of Bob Egelhoff's 2004 Cab. It was a good cab that was smooth for only being four years old.

The color was a clear deep amber. It had a fine fruity aroma as well as a hint of soft smoke. Upon tasting the wine I immediately picked up a robust black berry flavor and it was very prominent which I liked. The after taste was subtle yet lasting.

It went well with our skirt steak. I believe this wine will become even better in two or three years.

Bob is a good friend of my brother Cio. Bob's been making wine for himself and others for many years now and this was the first time that I tried one of his wines. I'm certainly going to be consuming more if the one last night was an example of what he can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment