Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Steak and Zin


I'm a lover of T-bone steak and I am also a lover of Zinfandel. Over the weekend I had the once again opportunity to have both. Ana and I, along with our dear friends Chico and Sessy, stopped at the Harris Ranch off of I-5. Ana and I had been there many years ago but this was the first time for our friends to try it out.

From my opening line you know what I had. The only thing in addition to the T-bone and Zin was garlic mash potatoes and vegetables. I choose the 2007 Harris Ranch Zinfandel only because I wanted to do a whole Harris Ranch thing. I wasn't disappointed with my choice of wines. It was aromatic with sweet fruity tones, the color was clear and sharp ruby. The taste was equal to the aromatic tones and I picked up light black berry and what I think was black currant. The only disappointment in the wine was the lack of any lengthy after taste. I enjoy more the wines that linger in my mouth. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy this particular wine, I did. I'm only saying that I was disappointed in that the aromas and flavors that I was experiencing wasn't staying long enough.

I hope you all have an opportunity to stop and eat at Harris Ranch and try their Zinfandel. Here's to all of us in this new year. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment