Monday, May 10, 2010

Pulling on a Thread

This is Omar on the Tractor and his father Ric off to the side.  Grandchildren come to mind when I think of family.

I've been thinking of family lately  (Mother's Day and all).  In part I imagine it's because I've been working on a web site for our family wines.  Part of last week and now this week, I've been working on getting our family wine site up and running.  I sent out the initial set up to my list of family and friends last week and have received great comments.  Most were how do we order.  Well, that's the part (the sales room) that I'm working on this week.

What does this have to do with my title "Pulling on a Thread"?  Nothing really, only that as part of my self educational process I receive a blog/newsletter "The Daily Sip by bottlenotes".  I took time out of my core project and read it.  The article was about blind tasting and Yellow Tail wines (the tasting took place in New York).  I didn't find the short article that great.  What interested me initially was the advertisement about the Auction Napa Valley E-Auction.

Being interested,  I clicked on the link (pulling on a thread so to speak) and began looking at the auction items.  I encourage you to do the same.  I don't know if I will be bidding on anything, but it gave me an opportunity to see wines produced by people I personally know.  I like to see my friends doing something good or producing something like . . . wine.  The other thing I immediately picked up are a few ideas on how our family sales room might be laid out on the new web site

Well, having given my friends a heads up on the E-Auction, I'll be getting back to my core project.

Have fun tasting wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment